Facebook Badge

Monday, November 23, 2009

Renaissance Era

As 1800 AD approached, exploration became a top priority. Numerous cities of mine continue to dominate surrounding lands both militarily and economically. This is a result of early trading I had accomplished with neighboring states, enabling me to combine the items and resources traded to those that I had in possession, resulting in quick advancements. As the true hegemon ruling during this time, I have just finished researching the constitution, corporation, biology, combustion, and electricity. In 1828, with the research of electricity, I am now able to research flight. This is a far advancement as neighboring states have just accomplished building the chariot, establishing knights for military guard, and began converting to organized religion. Currently, I have numerous cities spread over the greater part of Asia. From the readings and my own personal knowledge of the terrain in Asia, I know that resources are abundant near the rivers and peninsulas. Also, oil is abundant in certain areas so with the research of combustion, I am able to establish oil rigs both on land and in the waters. As said, my priority for this era is exploration as I now have galleons, frigates, and caravels that I am able to transport explorers, settlers, fast workers, and missionaries to distant lands. So, I began to create more explorers and missionaries, as well as move my great scientists and artists to new, uncharted territories. This will enable my civilization to grow at a faster rate than the previous era.
Later in this era, both Mongolia and Greece are annoyed with me for continuing to trade and establish defensive pacts with Persia and Egypt. The both have threatened war, however, I believe that they have not acted on their threats due to the vast difference between our armies. The size and capabilities of my military, on land and off, are far greater than either of theres and I believe that this fact alone is what keeps them at bay. My relations with Persia and Egypt remain to be pleasant and allow me to grow economically. Gold per turn results from previous trade agreements. As a showing of my hopeful peace with Mongolia, I offered a gift of a valuable resource.
Through my continued efforts for expansion, I am heading towards the lands of the Americas. History tells us that during the Renaissance Era, Christopher Columbus used Caravels such as the Marina, Pinta, and Santa Maria to travel the oceans and discover the new lands. So, I figure (even though I am not the Brits) that with my highly specialized skills, people, and technology, that I should be the first to travel to the New World. My plan to is have three to four ships (galleons and caravels) travelling that direction, all carrying settlers, fast workers, great scientist/artist, and a military unit to go forth and expand. As the ocean waters are rather vast, this could take a while so at the end of the Renaissance Era, I will have a new post to update the success of my voyage. Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment