Facebook Badge

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Into the Classical Era...

At the approach of the Classical Era in 1200 BC, I decided to maintain my priority of food surplus and open boarders for trading. From the beginning, my first city, Dheli, is unhappy do to overcrowding. They are happy with most of the building I build and the roads that are in place, yet they still complain. I have learned to keep that in check however, because I figure as long as my good outweigh the bad, my city will prosper. By this time as well, my military was very large and most remained posted on the outskirts of my territory. Some ventured in and took on the role of exploring, while others went after the barbarians to ensure the safety of my people. I continued to research iron working, pottery, and then ventured on to calender.
The first foreign city I ran into during this period was the Japanese. They were wary, as was I of them, but maintained peace. For further use of fishing, I created work boats, which would enable me to create fishing, crab, and whale boats... although I have yet to have one. Through my expanision, Persia and I agreed on open boarders and have made many beneficial trades. Also, I created open boarders with China. These two civilizations are on either side of my territory, making exploration feasible and less dangerous with open boarders. Each side contains several different benefits to my civilization, as I have aspects they need.
Through each turn, there was not much action occurring as we all were mainly exploring and expanding. Our workers were continually making improvements, religion was takin effect, and new technology was being invented. Through my strategies of creating enough surplus to begin specialization, my prosperity grew well beyond that of the other civilizations.
Towards the end of the Classical Era, I ran into Genghis Khan from the Mongolian Empire. We declared peace and neither side wanted conflict and immediately agreed upon open boarders. This was beneficial because they were directly north of my civilization and we in prime exploratory areas. After open boarders were established, my civilization continued to expand at a faster rate than the others. I had developed and adopted hereditary rule because of the organized religion. It wasn't until the very end of the Classical Era that I established my third city. My third city was located south of my initial one, on the border of the Mediterranean sea and the mouth of the river. These decisions, supported by the suggestions of Guns, Germs, and Steel, were most beneficial in enabling all my cities to prosper and advance at fast rates. During this era, trade continued to be something I participated with Persia and China, which enabled my civilization to beginning establishing its own identity. My culture was beginning to increase as new buildings were built and diversity was spread. My economy was also increasing do to my trade agreements and my exploitation of resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment